Description of the Sirolli Institute
What is Enterprise Facilitation™?
Convinced that the future of every community lies in capturing the passion, intelligence, imagination and resources of its people, the Sirolli Institute™ has developed “Enterprise Facilitation™” as a person-centered approach to community and economic development.
Enterprise Facilitators work with a community based board to provide free, confidential business management and networking advice to aspiring entrepreneurs and existing businesses. Since 1985, Enterprise Facilitation has provided an effective mechanism for mobilizing community leadership and has demonstrated the capacity for inspiring community revitalization around the world.
• Local leadership is essential to the establishment of an Enterprise Facilitation program. Without local endorsement, understanding and management, nothing can happen.
• Enterprise Facilitation is controlled and managed at the grass roots of a community by a local Board of Management, comprised of civic leaders, community professionals and economic development practitioners.
• The local Board hires and supports the training of a full-time Enterprise Facilitator who is the catalyst for assisting and encouraging local enterprise.
• Enterprise Facilitators provide intensive, one-on-one assistance. They link clients to programs and resources offered by development organizations and professionals as well as community people.
• The Sirolli Institute trains, mentors and supports the program.